Welcome to Depot Express. We’re so glad you’re here.
1. Accepting These Terms
2. Our Services
Depot Express is a service provider for the return of empty beverage containers. In using our Services, you are requesting Depot Express to take your empty beverage containers to a Bottle Depot for you. The Bottle Depot will redeem your containers and credit your account for 100% of their deposit value. You are also agreeing to pay Depot Express a fee for the Services provided to you which includes but is not limited to the use of our website and mobile app, pickup and transportation charges for taking your containers to a Bottle Depot for you, an e-transfer fee and any other chargers related to the Services we may provide for you. Upon your request, Depot Express will payout the balance in your account by interac e-Transfer. We may make changes to our payout methodology at any time. If you use our Services, you agree to these Terms and our Privacy Notice.
3. Your Privacy
We know your personal information is important to you, so it’s important to us. Our Privacy Notice details how your information is used when you use our Services. By using our Services, you’re also agreeing that we can process your information in the ways set out in the Privacy Notice, so please read it here.
4. Your Account With Depot Express
You’ll need to create an account with Depot Express to use our Services. Here are a few rules about accounts with Depot Express:
- You must be 18 years or older to use our Services. Minors under 18 and at least 13 years of age are only permitted to use our Services through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian with their appropriate permission and under their direct supervision. Children under 13 years are not permitted to use the Services. You are responsible for any and all account activity conducted by a minor on your account.
- Be honest with us. Provide accurate information about yourself, such as your legal name. It’s prohibited to use false information or impersonate another person or company through your account.
- Choose an appropriate name. If you decide to not have your legal name serve as the name associated with your account, for example, you may want to use your nickname, that is acceptable. However, you may not use language that is offensive or vulgar, or otherwise violates the Terms.
- You’re responsible for your account. You’re solely responsible for any activity on your account. If you’re sharing an account with other people, then the person whose financial information is on the account will ultimately be responsible for all activity. If you’re registering as a business entity, you personally guarantee that you have the authority to agree to the Terms on behalf of the business. Also, your accounts are not transferable.
- Protect your password. As we mentioned above, you’re solely responsible for any activity on your account, so it’s important to keep your account password secure.
- Let’s be clear about our relationship. These Terms don’t create any agency, partnership, joint venture, employment, or franchisee relationship between you and Depot Express.
5. Your Use of Our Services
We reserve the right to refuse our Services to anyone. You may use or Services subject to the Terms and the following restrictions in particular:
- Don’t Use Our Services to Break the Law. You agree that you will not violate any laws in connection with your use of the Services. This includes any municipal, provincial, federal, and international laws that may apply to you. You may not engage in fraud (including false claims), theft, anti-competitive conduct, threatening conduct, or any other unlawful acts or crimes against Depot Express or a third party.
- Don’t Steal Our Stuff. You agree not to crawl, scrape, or spider any page of the Services or to reverse engineer or attempt to obtain the source code of the Services. You agree not to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, resell, or exploit any portion of the Services.
- Don’t Try to Harm Our Systems. You agree not to interfere with or try to disrupt our Services, for example by distributing a virus or other harmful computer code.
- The name “Depot Express” and the other phrases, logos, and designs that we use in connection with our Services (the “Trademarks”), are trademarks, service marks, or trade dress of Depot Express. You agree not to use our Trademarks.
- Share Your Ideas. We love your suggestions and ideas! They can help us improve your experience and our Services. Any unsolicited ideas or other materials you submit to Depot Express are considered non-confidential and non-proprietary to you. You grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use and publish those ideas and materials for any purpose, without compensation to you.
- Talk to Us Online. From time to time, Depot Express may need to provide you with certain information. By using our Services, you’re agreeing to us sending you information electronically, such as by email or push notifications.
- Termination By You. We’d hate to see you go, but you may terminate your account with Depot Express at any time.
- Termination By Depot Express. We may terminate or suspend your account (and any accounts Depot Express determines are related to your account) and your access to the Services should we have reason to believe you, or your use of the Services violate our Terms. If we do so, it’s important to understand that you don’t have a contractual or legal right to continue to use our Services, for example, to use our websites or mobile apps. Generally, Depot Express will notify you that your account has been terminated or suspended, unless you’ve repeatedly violated our Terms, or we have legal or regulatory reasons preventing us from notifying you.
- If you or Depot Express terminate your account, you may lose any information associated with your account.
- We May Discontinue the Services. Depot Express reserves the right to change, suspend, or discontinue any of the Services for you, any, or all users, at any time, for any reason. We will not be liable to you for the effect that any changes to the Services may have on you, including your income or your ability to generate revenue through the Services.
- Survival. The Terms will remain in effect even after your access to the Service is terminated, or your use of the Service ends.
7. Warranties and Limitation of Liability (or the things you can’t sue us for)
- Warranties. Depot express is dedicated to making our services the best they can be, but we’re not perfect and sometimes things can go wrong. You understand that our services are provided “as is” and without any kind of warranty (express or implied). We are expressly disclaiming any warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose, as well as any warranties implied by a course of performance, course of dealing, or usage of trade.
- We do not guarantee that: (i) the services will be secure or available at any particular time or location; (ii) any defects or errors will be corrected; (iii) the services will be free of viruses or other harmful materials; or (iv) the results of using the services will meet your expectations. You use the services solely at your own risk. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
- Liability limits. To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither depot express, nor our employees or directors shall be liable to you for any lost profits or revenues, or for any consequential, incidental, indirect, special, or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with the services or these terms. In no event shall depot express’s aggregate liability for any damages exceed one hundred ($100) dollars (CAD). Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
8. Indemnification (or what happens if you get us sued)
- We hope this never happens, but if Depot Express gets sued because of something that you did, you agree to defend and indemnify us. That means you’ll defend Depot Express (including any of our subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees, and service providers) and hold us harmless from any legal claim or demand (including reasonable lawyer’s fees) that arises from your actions, your use (or misuse) of our Services, your breach of the Terms, or you or your account’s infringement of someone else’s rights.
- We reserve the right to handle our legal defense however we see fit, even if you are indemnifying us, in which case you agree to cooperate with us so we can execute our strategy.
9. Disputes with Other Users
- If you find yourself in a dispute with another user of Depot Express’ Services or a third party, we encourage you to contact the other party and try to resolve the dispute amicably.
- Release of Depot Express: You release Depot Express from any claims, demands, and damages arising out of disputes with other users or parties.
10. Changes to the Terms
- We may update these Terms from time to time. If we believe that the changes are material, we’ll definitely let you know by posting the changes through the Services and/or sending you an email or message about the changes. That way you can decide whether you want to continue using the Services. Changes will be effective upon the posting of the changes unless otherwise specified. You are responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any changes. Your use of the Services following the changes constitutes your acceptance of the updated Terms.
11. Some Finer Legal Points
- The Terms, including the Privacy Notice that make up the Terms, supersede any other agreement between you and Depot Express regarding the Services. If any part of the Terms is found to be unenforceable, that part will be limited to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms will otherwise remain in full force and effect. Our failure to enforce any part of the Terms is not a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of the Terms. We may assign any of our rights and obligations under the Terms.
12. Contact Information
- If you have any questions about the Terms, please email us at email@example.com.
Last updated on 07 June 2022